[Mageia-dev] python-curl build fail in cauldron

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Dec 12 17:31:54 CET 2012

'Twas brillig, and Dan Fandrich at 12/12/12 14:17 did gyre and gimble:
>> can someone have a look at python-curl build fail in cauldron ?
>
> Looks like a missing a -lcrypto in the link line, likely due to that
> being an implied dependency through libcurl.  Without looking at the
> source, it might be as easy to fix as setting env LIBS=-lcrypto on the
> compile line.

Of course if that is the problem, then a proper patch to it's build
system (autotools, cmake or whatever is used) and submitting the fix
upstream is the "correct" course of action :)

Sometimes this happens due to "overlinking" which is often used tho'
many distros (like us) in recent years have been trying to be more
strict about this stuff in our build systems.