[Mageia-dev] service dm restart go on tty3

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Dec 13 20:43:49 CET 2012

'Twas brillig, and eatdirt at 13/12/12 19:25 did gyre and gimble:
> Hi (Colin) :D
> I don't know if this is because I still have obsolete files, but if I do a
>
> service dm restart
>
> just after boot on the console of tty2, then the X server restarts but
> on tty3, dunno if this is wanted, but I would have expected it to
> restart on tty1.

It should, but basically it's up the DMs in question. In gdm I think it
tries tty1 first.

For mga4 I'll likely try and push through a rejig of how the DM stuff
operates which might help this situation a bit. KDM could also likely be
patched too. I should likely do more tests in this area tho'.