[Mageia-dev] [ANN] The RPM Spec Lingo - Call for Contributions

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Sun Dec 16 11:20:52 CET 2012

Hi all,

recently, I had to create a .src.rpm for Fedora, and ran into some Mageia RPM
SPEC paradigms that I was not familiar with, and had to ask on IRC or search
the web. So I decided to make life easier and create something like to ease
translating between the distributions: http://hyperpolyglot.org/scripting .
So see:

* https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Mageia-Mandriva-Fedora-SUSE_RPM_Spec_Lingo

It's currently very much work in progress, and the formatting could use some
work, but it's a start. Feel free to contribute - Be Bold and edit.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

"Star Trek: We, the Living Dead" - http://shlom.in/st-wtld

<rindolf> buu: do you have a functional spec? An architecture document? An
interface whitepaper? A developer’s guide? A user manual? A “The BL Book” and
“BL — The Program”?
<buu> rindolf: no, no, no no and no