[Mageia-dev] Installing Beta 1

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Mon Dec 24 00:04:38 CET 2012

I installed (and tried to) Beta 1 on a vbox

I created a brand new HDD and installed Beta2 from the DVD (64bit)
Everything went smooth
I did not install the optional upgrades
I rebooted the system and did not get the login screen, but was able to login in a shell
I did a startx, got a flash of the X windows, but it die immediately. I couldn't find anything
suspicious in the log.

I then started all over and added the optional upgrades.
Everything went fine this time and I have a shiny system.
Only one little oddy, it installed the desktop-kernel AND the server-kenrel

--
Best regards
Thomas Spuhler