[Mageia-dev] rpmlib(TildeInVersions)

Pascal Terjan pterjan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 17:05:44 CET 2012

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 3:37 PM, Charles A Edwards <CAE at eslrahc.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Dec 2012 12:54:16 +0000
> Pascal Terjan wrote:
>
>> > Or fix the package to not use a tilde in provides :)
>>
>> This is an automatic provides from the version in pkg-config file
>
> Then why not use
> define _provides_exceptions

This provides is correct and may be used by other packages, I see no
reason to remove it

Old rpm accepts it

New rpm accepts it and handles it slightly better

I don't really see a reason to forbid installing the package with an
old version rpm if it was built with the new rpm given that the
produced rpm is exactly the same apart from this added
rpmlib(TildeInVersions) fake dependency and it would work perfectly
fine without it.