[Mageia-dev] FireFox ESR <= we should totally go for this wrt stable releases

Sander Lepik sander.lepik at eesti.ee
Mon Feb 6 08:50:21 CET 2012

06.02.2012 09:38, Funda Wang kirjutas:

> And, don't forget, we still have a package named firefox-beta. If we
> stick with FF10, then some day we will come to a situation of
> firefox-10.0.4 and firefox-beta-15b1 for Mageia 2, which is
> unacceptable. Or, we should make an exception on firefox-beta, it
> should be obsoleted by updated firefox for stable distros.

Indeed, firefox-beta must be obsoleted on stable release like chrome's
similar versions are as we don't have maintaner who wants to keep them
up-to-date on stable releases.
I agree with D.Morgan that if we want to continue with ESR version then
cauldron will stay on 10.0 (not sure how we can have newer versions of
beta if they depend on the same packages).
And it's also true that we will lose some users if they don't want to
use tarball version and will pick distro that can keep browsers
up-to-date. Sad, but true.

(Funda, can you please stop top-posting. This is rude man!)

--
Sander