[Mageia-dev] Adding a new license to rpmlint

Dan Fandrich dan at coneharvesters.com
Wed Feb 8 07:35:19 CET 2012

On Tue, Feb 07, 2012 at 11:06:00PM -0500, Juan Luis Baptiste wrote:
> I did a clean mga2 alpha3 install, updated it to cauldron, and just
> installed mgarepo, bm and warsow's spec BR and again it builds fine.
>
> arrgghhh I don't know why it fails on the BS !! the only thing I
> noticed comparing the build logs from the local build against the BS
> build is that stuff is built in a different order, also the linking,
> but I really don't have a clue of what's going on :(
>

> Can someone please please pretty please take a look ? here are the logs:
>
> http://pkgsubmit.mageia.org/uploads/failure/cauldron/core/release/20120201173847.juancho.valstar.7315/

It's very likely a missing dependency in the make files. The build
server uses the make -j24 flag, so it's going to build the various
modules in a very different order than without that flag. Ideally, you
would find the missing dependecy and patch the make files, but you could
also just remove the -j24 and have make build it sequentially instead
(at up to 24 times slower, of course).

>>> Dan