[Mageia-dev] [RFE] Bundled copies of system libraries - call for participation

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Wed Feb 8 19:27:48 CET 2012

Le mardi 07 février 2012 à 14:42 +0100, Florian Hubold a écrit :
> I've just whipped up
> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Packages_carrying_bundled_copies_of_system_libraries
>
> It's purpose is listing and maybe documenting the reasons why
> some packages carry bundled copies of system libraries. I've begun
> with ffmpeg, as it has a rather bad record for security updates on
> Mageia 1 IMHO, as some security updates would almost have been
> missed, some were delayed for a long time, and some wouldn't
> have been noticed unless by accident.
>
> Please, every packager participate, and list the packages you know about.
> Another good example would be xulrunner.
>

> PS: Maybe it should also be used to documented the packages which
> require some static linking, and the reasons, if there are any of these.

While on it, would it be worth noting the attempt we had to solve the
issue ( like punching dev in the face until they understand ) ?

Also, I guess we can add links to similar pages, if any, on other
distribution would help. I found
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:No_Bundled_Libraries

and i know there is a page for debian to help use find potential bundled
libraries, but i cannot find it.

--
Michael Scherer