[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release libwacom-0.3-1.mga2

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 20:01:02 CET 2012

On 8 February 2012 19:18, Olav Vitters <olav at vitters.nl> wrote:
>> > ovitters <ovitters> 1:0.3-1.mga2:
>> > + Revision: 206374
>> > - bump major to 2
>> > - new version
>>
>> The hard versioned require on libwacom defeats the purpose of libification.
>> It should either not be versioned at all or used ">=" instead of "="
>>  (due to unsatisfied gnome-control-center >= 3.1.0,
>>   due to missing gnome-tweak-tool,
>>   due to unsatisfied gnome-panel >= 3.1.0)
>> xfswitch-plugin-0.0.1-9.mga2.x86_64
>>  (due to missing gdm) (y/N)
>
> Anything that can be done to make the upgrade easier?

For next major release of libwacom, I've prevented this to happen again.
Now, we've to fix building of gnome-control-center & gnome-settings-daemon
with new libwacom:
http://pkgsubmit.mageia.org/uploads/failure/cauldron/core/release/20120208120826.tv.valstar.6208/log/gnome-control-center-3.3.4.1-2.mga2/build.0.20120208120903.log
http://pkgsubmit.mageia.org/uploads/failure/cauldron/core/release/20120208120836.tv.valstar.6340/log/gnome-settings-daemon-3.3.4-3.mga2/build.0.20120208120905.log

Until they're fixed, it would help to manually upload older
lib{,64}wacom0 with relaxed require on libwacom