[Mageia-dev] Cannot compile LLVM/Clang under Mageia 1

Thomas Lottmann skipercooker at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 23:04:46 CET 2012

Le 07/02/2012 23:47, Thierry Vignaud a écrit :
> The package already exist so it cannot be a new package request.
> It's just older in mga1 (but up to date in mga2)
>
> The new LLVM release needs updating dependencies.
> If one wants the newer LLVM, he should switch to cauldron or wait for mga2.
> We won't update the build chain in mga1.

My request was especially about having Clang and it's code analysis
tool, not only llvm, as the package offered in Mageia 1 does not include
clang nor it's tools.

Note that some binaries such as llvmc cannot run because they cannot
find the
libLLVM-2.8.so shared library.

My apologies if the bug report was not meeting all the criterias, but
all I was asking for was a little help and a request to have a usual
llvm package with all the components you need in it, nothing more.

If this will be done for Mageia 2, fine for me.