[Mageia-dev] Automatically determining all "GNOME" packages

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Thu Feb 9 09:32:30 CET 2012

For GNOME QA purposes, I'd like to list all Mageia packages which come
from *.gnome.org (download.gnome.org or ftp.gnome.org).

In the spec file, the Source: usually has an URL. IMO the most reliable
option is checking the Source: URL.
I thought of matching http://git.gnome.org/repositories.txt or
http://download.gnome.org/sources to the Mageia package name; but I
already know that there are differences.
I also looked into "urpmq", but I don't see any way to determine the
Source URL.

So: anyone know of a good way to query the Source: URL from all the spec
files?

Requirement: I don't want to overload the Mageia infrastructure! (e.g. I
could checkout the entire http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/cauldron/,
but that is a bit madness)

What I want to do with this:
- determines all GNOME packages
- determines all patches for these packages
  so I can either commit the patch upstream, or file a bug for a review
- be notified when there is a new one patch or package (so I can check
  the spec file)
- have the script perform basic spec file checking
- perhaps automatically prepare the minor GNOME version upgrades
  (meaning: script the "new version" releases for Cauldron)

PS:
- there are some things on ftp.gnome.org which are not in git.gnome.org,
  but that's pretty limited.

--
Regards,
Olav