[Mageia-dev] FireFox ESR <= we should totally go for this wrt stable releases

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Thu Feb 9 12:35:41 CET 2012

> On 9 February 2012 11:33, D.Morgan <dmorganec at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I doubt that we will lose any (or many) users interested in the latest
>>> version, as all distros will be faced with this time lag relative to
>>> upstream.
>>
>> I would suggests to stuck on cauldron to version 10.x and in mageia 1
>> too and to start to update again as soon as cauldron is open again.
>>
>> some objections ?
>
> I think quite a lot users would want the latest version.
>
> For now Fedora & Ubuntu keep updating to latest version.
> We shouldn't stick to ESR releases unless other do,
> especially since we're a long way of being present
> in enterprises...
>
> Last but not least: please only _QUOTE_ what you respond to next time.

ihmo, the users who want the latest versions will not even wait one week,
and will grab them from upstream. If we really wanted the latest release,
someone could backport them.

the end users will benefit too, because the modules/plugins will still
work and not being unstable at every update. as a long time stable user, i
prefer the ESR... we've been complaining about too short releasecycles...
this is the answer, we should use it.