[Mageia-dev] Mageia Beta 1 - 2012/02/21

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Fri Feb 10 09:38:09 CET 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 08:03:45AM +0100, Dexter Morgan wrote:
> i will contact oxygen devs to speak about this.  but it would be
> better to fix bugs instead of removing oxygen

In this case Mageia is choosing something that is pretty much unique.
All other distributions use the default theme. IMO, Oxygen just looks
out of place when running GNOME 3.

I'll make some screenshots tonight to show the effect it has.

Still, it might be nice to have Oxygen by default for everything
(including gtk2 + gtk3) except when running GNOME 3. I think that is
possible to configure using gnome-settings-daemon.

Oxygen bugs should still be fixed of course. And we do have a lot of
support from the Oxygen developer.

--
Regards,
Olav