[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron nonfree/release drakx-installer-images-1.64-3.mga2.nonfree

Thomas Backlund tmb at mageia.org
Wed Feb 15 14:04:05 CET 2012

Thierry Vignaud skrev 15.2.2012 14:39:
> On 15 February 2012 09:55, Thomas Backlund<tmb at mageia.org>  wrote:
>> And the correct fix needs more coding since arm does not support xz
>> compressed modules so we need to adapt for that too, and not blindly
>> recompress to .xz or search for .xz only...
>
> Well both stage1&  stage2 now expect XZ compressed modules.
> What's the issue on ARM? The kernel decompressor?

yes.

There are patches suggested/queued for 3.4 to get full XZ support for
arm so maybe we can backport them for 3.3 depending on how intrusive
they are...

Thinking some more about the issue, adding something like .[g,x]z to
to the module detection wouldn't be much coding at all and would cover
both compressions, wdyt ?

--
Thomas