[Mageia-dev] Cleaning up GNOME spec files

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Wed Feb 15 16:54:26 CET 2012

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 04:43:04PM +0100, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> Le 15/02/2012 15:05, Olav Vitters a écrit :
> >What I look at while cleaning up:
> >- remove BuildRoot:
> >- remove unneeded post/pre
> >- ensure everything uses tabs
> That's not really cleaning up, that's enforcing your own cosmetic
> preferences. Whereas you're perfectly legitimate to manage your own
> spec files the way you want, this is slightly more ennoying for
> files shipped in those packages, notably the one generated from spec
> files through herein documents (for instance, apache, logrotate,
> cron files, etc...)
>
> I'd rally prefer to have a bit more consistency here, not depending
> about individual maintainer preferences. Of course, if I'm reacting
> here, it's because everyone know than tab sucks :P

You only mean my tabs comment I assume? I remembered that everything
should be tabs (during mentoring). If up to the maintainer, of course I
won't change it anymore, except if inconsistent.
I noticed some spec files have mostly tabs, except for a few lines. But
have also changed whole spec files to use tabs. Most of the spec files I
look at use tabs.

--
Regards,
Olav