[Mageia-dev] Mounting a CDROM problem

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Feb 16 10:39:24 CET 2012

'Twas brillig, and Robert Fox at 16/02/12 09:20 did gyre and gimble:
> Using latest Cauldron - I get this error when trying to mount a normal
> CDROM under KDE Konqueror
>
> An error occurred while accessing 'CISSP 5th Editio', the system
> responded: The requested operation has failed.: Error mounting: mount
> exited with exit code 1: helper failed with:
> mount: mount point /media/cdrom does not exist
>
> What could this be?

KDE should create mountpoints as needed (and it shouldn't really use a
fixed name "cdrom" here either).

Are you somehow still using HAL? Can you try stopping hald and see if
things flip over to using a proper system?

Otherwise we'll have to put a hack in somewhere to create /media/cdrom
directory to cope with this limitation.