[Mageia-dev] [changelog] cauldron core/release rsyslog-5.8.6-2.mga2

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Feb 16 13:50:18 CET 2012

'Twas brillig, and Thomas Backlund at 16/02/12 12:30 did gyre and gimble:
> colin skrev 16.2.2012 14:10:
>> Name        : rsyslog                      Relocations: (not relocatable)
>> Version     : 5.8.6                             Vendor: Mageia.Org
>> Release     : 2.mga2                        Build Date: Thu Feb 16
>> 13:08:13 2012
>
> [...]
>
>> colin<colin>  5.8.6-2.mga2:
>> + Revision: 209728
>> - Do not enable kernel logging by default. Systemd's journal does that
>> now.
>
> What will this do for sysvinit users ?

I've got a modification to sysvinit package to put a log snippet in that
folder that enables this module. So only if you have the sysvinit
package installed will it be active.

It's not a perfect solution, (as I currently have sysvinit installed and
activate systemd via kernel command line for testing purposes), but I
can't think of anything better...