[Mageia-dev] About dm

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Fri Feb 17 12:55:52 CET 2012

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 12:36:46PM +0100, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> Then you don't need any hard dependency from any desktop
> environement against any display manager.

That is the current situation though.

Mageia only installs task-gnome-minimal. Not task-gnome. I only focus on
ensuring task-gnome works because I consider task-gnome-minimal to be
really arbitrary (I'd include most of task-gnome in -minimal).

To see the effect of task-gnome-minimal, do a new installation and only
have task-gnome-minimal. Then setup some chat functionality, search in
overview mode, then click on a person. It'll result in the error message
that it cannot find gnome-contacts.
There are similar problems. Either lost functionality, or just error
messages.

--
Regards,
Olav