[Mageia-dev] Unetbooting and extlinx - strange issue

Robert Fox rfox at foxconsult.com
Sun Feb 19 11:42:29 CET 2012

After installing unetbootin on my updated Cauldron box:

[root at foxbase rfox]# urpmi unetbootin
To satisfy dependencies, the following packages are going to be
installed:
   Package                        Version      Release       Arch
(medium "Core Release")
  extlinux                       4.04         2.mga2        x86_64
  perl-Crypt-PasswdMD5           1.300.0      1.mga1        noarch
  syslinux                       4.04         2.mga2        x86_64
  unetbootin                     0            2.563.mga2    x86_64
3.6MB of additional disk space will be used.
1MB of packages will be retrieved.
Proceed with the installation of the 4 packages? (Y/n)

When I start unetbootin - I get an error message stating that extlinx is
not found - but oddly enough, it is installed . . .

Thx,
R.Fox