[Mageia-dev] Qt-based software unusable under XFCE since almost 2 days

Païou paiiou at free.fr
Sun Feb 19 13:19:50 CET 2012

Oliver Burger <oliver.bgr at ...> writes:

> I don't see the reason for this answer.
> Michael is just trying to make sure, we don't have a unmaintained major DE.
> Now, some maybe a bit harsh words on the developer mailing list - this
> is no user support list or forum or whatever - are far better, then
> having something like xfce unmaintained.
> After all, what makes users run away: some not all that courteous mails
> on the -dev ml, whose existence they may or may not be aware of or a
> perhaps buggy, not updated, unmaintained desktop?
> And if we keep a whole DE unmaintained in the repos, what does that say
> about overall package quality?
>
> Oliver

OK, you are right. Sorry.
I wish ardently that Xfce remains maintained.
For my part I participate in it as tester,
where from my a little bit virulent reaction.

This place is also, I think, the only place where it is possible
to have a dialogue with developers.
 (except bugzilla, but bugzilla is more specific)