[Mageia-dev] New Dracut: Please test

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Feb 20 22:45:20 CET 2012

'Twas brillig, and Johnny A. Solbu at 19/02/12 02:13 did gyre and gimble:
> On Thursday 16 February 2012 15:51, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>> Can someone who can still boot (i.e. into older kernel) post a log of
>> the dracut command and the output from lsinitrd on the resulting image?
>
> http://www.solbu.net/mageia-dracut/dracut.log
> http://www.solbu.net/mageia-dracut/lsinitrd-broken.txt  (Broken kernel 3.2.6-desktop-3.mga2)

Can you reliably reproduce this broken initrd (i.e. get the same results
from your lsinitrd-broken.txt?

I've had several reports about this (nothing in bin/ except two plymout
binaries), but I've not been able to get anyone who can then
subsequently recreate the problem running dracut manually...

If you can, please do get in touch.