[Mageia-dev] xguest and the display manager

Païou paiiou at free.fr
Tue Feb 21 17:12:54 CET 2012

Païou <paiiou at ...> writes:

Being simple user and tester of Xfce, this discussion was very enriching
about xguest. Even if everybody does not use it, in my humble opinion
xguest has to stay.

There stays my problem of display a manager.
The xguest package requires a package having the property dm.
There is indeed xdm who is systematically installed.
But at present, it does not possess the property dm.
It results, from this, the installation of kdm with all its dependences.
It is necessary to avoid this when kdm is not necessary (in particular for Xfce).

I wished it on bugzilla (4532). The tries which I made showed that this
modification of xdm has no incidence when you install the Gnome or KDE
environment. Would anybody like to take care of it?