[Mageia-dev] Mageia 2 beta 1

Jeff Robins jeffrobinssae at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 20:53:40 CET 2012

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Jeff Robins <jeffrobinssae at gmail.com>wrote:

> 3) I installed a second NIC in the machine and the eth0 and eth1 aliases
>      keep sometimes switch between the two
>   - I already saw a bug report about this, but it is really annoying
>
> 4) dhclient isn't run automatically.  I have to run it manually
>   - Network Center is set for automatic IP and dhclient is set as the
>      DHCP client

I took a look at "ifcfg-eth0" and "ifcfg-eth1".  It looks like eth0 is
setup properly, but eth1 has minimal information.  They are both setup the
same way in Network Center.
eth1 only has the following:
DEVICE=eth1
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
ONBOOT=yes
METRIC=10

Also, "service network stop/start/etc" doesn't affect eth0, but it does
affect eth1 and lo.

--Jeff