[Mageia-dev] Volume mixer for Window Maker

Kamil Rytarowski n54 at gmx.com
Sat Feb 25 17:16:24 CET 2012

On 25.02.2012 14:01, John Balcaen wrote:

> Le 25 févr. 2012 06:34, "eatdirt" <dirteat at gmail.com
> <mailto:dirteat at gmail.com>> a écrit :
> >
> > On 25/02/12 08:41, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello!
> >>
> >> I'm going to add a volume mixer for a default desktop in Window Maker.
> >> What is the name of the binary of the gnome mixer applet? I am looking
> >> for something modern against pulseaudio.
>
> You just need a mixer or there is eventually a need for a systray applet ?

I prefer to take an applet for system tray. There is actually a dockapp
to handle system tray, and I don't want to take extra space for user's
applets.

> > pavucontrol?
> could is probably the better solution if the need is only a mixer
> volume however if you need a systray applet gnome mixer is probably
> not the best choice because I fear it is going to pull a lot of stuff.

Thank you for the suggestion, I have found what is the name of the
volume control in Gnome and unfortunately it's connected with
gnome-control-center. I had a look what is available in FreeCode and I
took gvolwheel as the best available choice (it was in Mandriva too) -
although I will have to rework the package a little bit. There will be a
master volume control + a button to pavucontrol.

Thanks and regards!