[Mageia-dev] Build system broken

David Walser luigiwalser at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 26 05:42:38 CET 2012

For some reason, the build system is trying to install libnss3 into every chroot.  I don't know why.  It is also trying to install the current
version in Cauldron, rather than a known good version.

The issue was introduced when nspr was updated to version 4.9, because the package provides version 4.9, but the pkg-config file says 4.9.0 is
the version.

The breakage happened when updating the nss package, and it has a macro in it that generates the version of libnspr4 it requires from the pkg-
config file in nspr.  So basically, we have libnspr4-4.9, but libnss3 is requiring libnspr4-4.9.0 and doesn't think it exists.

I committed a change in svn for nspr that I believe will fix this, but nspr needs to be able to be rebuilt, so that nss can be rebuilt against
it.  For anything to be built, the build system needs to either stop trying to install libnss3, or it needs to install the previous version of
the package.