[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release xdm-1.1.11-3.mga2

Oliver Burger obgr_seneca at mageia.org
Wed Feb 29 18:44:59 CET 2012

Am 29.02.2012 17:34, schrieb Thierry Vignaud:
> On 29 February 2012 17:08, dams<buildsystem-daemon at mageia.org>  wrote:
>> dams<dams>  1.1.11-3.mga2:
>> + Revision: 216185
>> - Add 'Provides: dm' (bug #4532)
>
> This is wrong IMHO as the only packages that requires or suggest dm are:
> - xguest
> - task-xfce-minimal
>
> xguest didn't work with xdm and task-xfce-minimal had better require the dm it
> wants like task-gnome&  task-kde do
>
> So I think this should be reverted. Let's fix task-xfce-minimal instead.

Which brings back the question, which of our dms should provide dm?

As I see it, we have kdm, gdm, lxdm, slim and xdm, kdm, gdm, lxdm and
slim do provide dm and now xdm does, too.

Imho slim and xdm are not full featured dms like the other:
you can't choose the desktop to be started, you don't get a list of
users and so on.
I just checked, lxdm does work together with xguest.

At the moment, task-kde4 does require kdm, task-gnome does require gdm,
task-xfce does require gdm and dm and task-lxde does require lxdm.

Somehow we should order this.

Oliver