[Mageia-dev] [packages-commits] [188982] fixed desktop file patch

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Mon Jan 2 11:40:47 CET 2012

Le dimanche 01 janvier 2012 à 18:14 +0100, Angelo Naselli a écrit :

> > > It should probably be suggested by rpmlint, we want Mageia policy
> > > applied by default.
> > >
> > > Michael, any objection?
> >
> > I guess it should be removed upstream, since no one use this check
> > anymore ( ie, fedora policy is against, mandriva policy is against, our
> > is against ). I will check with suse, but I think they also don't
> > compress patchs.
> >
> > So it make sense to silence it directly there, instead of filtering
> > everywhere.
> I think you're right about patch compression, but i think you should
> also answer to the subject concerning rpmlint-mageia-policy installation
> (required, sugested etc...)

I answered several time by the past, but I guess I can repeat myself
once again :
- no suggest , they are unspecified, and causing problem ( like not
working for people that disable them, and bloating installation for
everybody else , and just giving no useful information for people to
decide to install or not )

- no requires from rpmlint on policy, since people have been asking to
be able to use different policy ( and since rpmlint is already required
by policy, that would make a loop and I would like to avoid that ).

--
Michael Scherer