[Mageia-dev] RFC: Opening Backports (once again...)

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Tue Jan 3 14:26:15 CET 2012

martedì 3 gennaio 2012 alle 10:45, Buchan Milne ha scritto:
> -Build package from source (worse) - I would guess about 20%
> -Rebuild cauldron package on stable release (same) - I wold guess about 10%
IMO you're very optimistic here :)
I think this is true for expert users, so the ones who started developing
in mageia, or some who would like to start contributing and his status
is pending waiting mentors...
Non expert users will probably switch to other distros... increasing your
first percentage.
But we should think also about the percentage of users that would like
the backports, that should be interesting, i mean if the 3% want backports
loosing that percentage could be not very interesting... and we could try
to be better in 2... am i wrong?

Angelo (who is in favour to open bp)