[Mageia-dev] Numerous mariadb issues today.

Maarten Vanraes alien at rmail.be
Fri Jan 6 20:23:13 CET 2012

Op vrijdag 06 januari 2012 14:29:29 schreef Colin Guthrie:
[...]
> Ahh yes my my.cnf file didn't have the:
>
> [mysqld_safe]
> log-error=/var/log/mysqld/mysqld.log
> pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
>
> bits.
>
> If the default my.cnf file ships with that path (don't know if it does
> or if it's patched in our packages) then perhaps the
> mysqld-prepare-db-dir script should also be updated to use that as the
> default?

since for ages, we ship our own my.cnf.

mysql-prepare-db-dir uses the my.cnf values to get the log-error, so that's
already ok.

[...]
> > indeed you shouldn't use the -obsolete ones, the xtradb should nicely use
> > your innodb database, xtradb is a innodb with extra patches, so any
> > innodb tuning is still valid for xtradb.
>
> OK, cool. As long as it still reads e.g. innodb_* from my.conf then all
> will be well I think :)

yup

[...]
> > only the load plugin should be changed into federatedx.so instead of
> > federated.so ; the "federated" option is still valid for federatedx
> >
> > getting this error, means that you don't have any of them both loaded.
>
> Hmm, I thought I had tried all combinations, but I obviously didn't try
> the ha_federatedx.so + federated option... gah, sorry about that. Still
> the plugin name in the conf does still need updating, so at least I'm
> not completely daft :D

afaik i had a sed line that did change the federated.so in to federatedx.so in
the spec file ... i'll need to doublecheck...

> > sadly, my.cnf is a config file, i can provide a newer my.cnf all i want,
> > it's not like i can modify the my.cnf file for existing upgrades?
>
> There are various things you can do with sed/awk on upgrades... I'd at
> very least suggest a "sed -i 's/ha_federated\.so/ha_federatedx\.so/g'
> /etc/my.cnf" to fix up that issue (which would prevent mysql starting...
> looking back, that was probably the fundamental issue I had.

i'm gonna relook, but it looks like this exact line is in the spec file...
maybe it's not in the correct section... could you by any chance look at the
spec file as well?, i never did a %pre and %post thing before...

> > my thoughts on plugins is: "xtradb is internal, because innodb was
> > internal; federatedx was external, because federated was external"
>
> Hmm? innodb was not internal before was it? I thought it was a plugin
> since a very long time (I pretty sure I remember panicking when Oden
> enabled it for the first time a year or two back). Perhaps I'm wrong tho'.

i don't know, i based myself on the spec file for the mysql that was in
cauldron.

> If you do make xtradb a plugin, then I'd suggest doing a "sed -i
> 's/ha_innodb\.so/ha_xtradb\.so/g' m/etc/my.cnf" in the %post also.
>
> > can you recheck that a new my.cnf file at the very least works out of the
> > box? and is this x86_64 or i586?
>
> It doesn't. It mentions ha_federated.so as mentioned above rather than
> ha_federatedx.so, so this needs to be fixed. This is on x86_64 but I
> guess that doesn't matter here.
[...]

strange, maybe something is wrong with the sed line...