[Mageia-dev] [RFC] new ldetect, using libkmod

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Jan 9 12:28:25 CET 2012

'Twas brillig, and Thierry Vignaud at 06/01/12 10:56 did gyre and gimble:
> Hi
>
> I've uploaded in core/updates_testing a new ldetect, using libkmod instead
> of libmodprobe. I've also fixed several memleaks.
> There you'll find a drakxtools rebuild for this new libldetect.
>
> This result in:
> - faster lspcidrake
> - using quite less RAM ; eg on my test machine:
>   o harddrake2 uses 106M of resident memory instead of 127
>   o mcc utilise uses 47M of resident memory instead of 48M
>
> Output of lspcidrake should be the same as before modulo for some ISA bridges.
> Please report any significant change.
>
> How to test:
>   lspcidrake > /tmp/pci1
>   urpmi.update 'Core Updates Testing'
>   urpmi --media='Core Updates Testing' ldetect
>   lspcidrake > /tmp/pci2
>   diff -u /tmp/pci[12]
>
> See you

[root at jimmy ~]# urpmi --media="CoreUpdatesTesting-64" ldetect
A requested package cannot be installed:
lib64ldetect0.12-0.12.0-0.5.mga2.x86_64 (due to unsatisfied
libkmod.so.1()(64bit))
Continue installation anyway? (Y/n) n

Can't seem to find that file :s