[Mageia-dev] please stop doing "bugs" for updating magia 1

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 16:51:55 CET 2012

Le 11/01/2012 16:09, Antoine Pitrou a écrit :
> As a Mageia user I would expect Mageia to package significant *bugfix
> releases* and ship them in the updates for the stable distro.
You'd rather read the current update policy, rather than expect blind
assertions:
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Updates_policy

> For example, it would be nice if an up-to-date Mageia 1 system had
> Python 2.7.2 rather than Python 2.7.1 (not a deal-breaker, of course,
> but nice). There's more than a hundred bug fixes between the two
> versions and I don't expect Mageia to have independently fixed many of
> these bugs.
A bug may vary from a typo in a man page to a critical security update,
which make the number of claimed bugfix a poor decision metric. A
non-regression ensurance would be a better one, but it's quite difficult
to assert.

> If you think shipping bugfixes isn't part of the QA for a stable version
> then I'm not sure what said QA should be (apart from updating Firefox
> to new major versions that is :-)).
Welcome to our new QA team volonteer :)

--
BOFH excuse #368:

Failure to adjust for daylight savings time.