[Mageia-dev] PHP + phpBB mod capabilities needed to fix bug 1956 - please help

Marja van Waes marja11 at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 11 17:41:46 CET 2012

On 11/01/12 10:54, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:

>>> IMHO the best way in this case here would be a mod written for our
>>> setup, all changes well defined to make it maintainable in a proper
>>> way. Saying this I beg to think again whether the issue  justifies all
>>> the time and work.
>>>
>> It would make me very, very happy, does that count a little? If I were sure
>> that I'd be able to learn how to do it, I would now consider to halve the
>> time I use for the Bug Squad and Doc Team and start learning.
> Why? IMHO this complete issue is going out of proportions. Let's
> remember why we *seem to need* this MOD in the first place. And what
> will we find? The time-to-edit discussion, again. In the council
> meeting where it was decided to have this mod It looked as the best
> way to please a disturbing minority request, the more as that same
> minority gave the impression that such a MOD could be implemented
> within a reasonable time span. As we see now after 8 months, this was
> never the case.

I can't talk for that minority, of course. However, I can talk for myself:

In such circumstances it is very possible that I'd agree to do something
to later find out I can't concentrate on the task no matter how hard I try.

I regret it wasn't decided that the people who wanted unlimited edit
time should make the MOD, after which the unlimited edit time would be
implemented. They were going to get what they wanted (the unlimited edit
time), wouldn't that have "given them wings" to do that MOD?

Regards,

Marja