[Mageia-dev] imported .src.rpm / .spec attribution

Florent Monnier monnier.florent at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 22:58:55 CET 2012

Le samedi 07 janvier 2012 14:53:59, vous avez écrit :
> Le samedi 07 janvier 2012 13:58:05, Luc Menut a écrit :
> > Le 07/01/2012 13:23, Florent Monnier a écrit :
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > In Mandriva I was using this command to make proper attribution of
> > > imported .spec files:
> > >
> > > $ mdvsys import foo.src.rpm --message 'this spec file is imported from
> > > Fedora where it was written by X'
> > >
> > > I'm trying to make the equivalent with this command:
> > >
> > > $ mgarepo putsrpm -m "this spec file is imported from Mandriva where it
> > > was written by X" package.src.rpm
> > > error: no such option: -m
> > >
> > > $ mgarepo putsrpm --message "this spec file is imported from Mandriva
> > > where it was written by X" package.src.rpm
> > > error: no such option: --message
> > >
> > > $ mgarepo putsrpm --help | grep -- -m
> > >
> > >      -m LOG  Log message used when commiting changes
> > >
> > > What is the right command line to achieve this?
> >
> > Can you try mgarepo putsrpm -l LOG ... ?
>
> Yes it does work, thanks

Also I would like to know how to get the name of a mandriva packager from its
mandriva nickname? (in order to make the proper attribution of the imported
.spec file.)

I have also noticed that several Mageia packagers don't do any proper
attribution to the original authors of the spec files when importing. Is it
considered optional ? because when I was a Mandriva packager, when I was
importing Fedora spec files and debian patches I have been asked by them to
make this proper attribution when importing. Why is it considered optional
when it comes from Mandriva ?

--
Cheers