[Mageia-dev] FireFox ESR <= we should totally go for this wrt stable releases

Maarten Vanraes alien at rmail.be
Fri Jan 13 02:20:19 CET 2012

see https://blog.mozilla.com/blog/2012/01/10/delivering-a-mozilla-firefox-
extended-support-release/
see https://wiki.mozilla.org/images/9/9d/Esr-release-overview.png

ESR is a 1y extended supported release...

looking at the image we'd be having supported versions for our 9month release
schedule every time... we should totally use this release and not go towards
FF11 for our release.

We've been complaining about the too quick release schedule... this is our
chance!

( i think if the FF maintainer wishes, he could also do backports of the
regular releases... )

i'm hoping everyone agrees? including FF maintainer?