[Mageia-dev] Mageia 2 Alpha 3 available for tests

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Jan 17 13:20:01 CET 2012

'Twas brillig, and EatDirt at 13/01/12 10:11 did gyre and gimble:
> On 12/01/12 21:04, Anne nicolas wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> Mageia 2 Alpha 3 is now available for tests:
>> http://blog.mageia.org/en/2012/01/12/here-comes-mageia-2-alpha3/
>
> Hi,
> tested the boot.iso with network install; everything went fine.
>
> At boot however, systemd exhibited some failures (apparently they are
> harmless though):
>
> UNIT                           LOAD   ACTIVE SUB    JOB DESCRIPTION
> fedora-loadmodules.service     loaded ESC[1;31mfailed failedESC[0m Load
> legacy module configuration

Yeah I think we can maybe drop this one, but you are correct, it's harmless.

> systemd-tmpfiles-clean.service loaded ESC[1;31mfailed failedESC[0m
> Cleanup of Temporary Directories
> systemd-tmpfiles-setup.service loaded ESC[1;31mfailed failedESC[0m
> Recreate Volatile Files and Directories

Likely due to missing "lock" group as a result of our lockdev package.
It's a somewhat complicated issue and I've basically chickened out of
fixing it thus far.

Will get around it it soon, if no one pings me with a "I'll have a go at
fixing it, do you have more details" type email (there are a few links
I'd need to dig out).

> udisksd.service                loaded ESC[1;31mfailed failedESC[0m
> UDisks Daemon
> upowerd.service                loaded ESC[1;31mfailed failedESC[0m
> UPower Daemon

Dunno why these two would be failing...