[Mageia-dev] MANUAL FIX: ACL/permissions issues (i.e. sound devices)

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Jan 17 15:38:25 CET 2012

Hi,

I messed up a %post script in the pam package which causes issues with
systemd related authentication stuff. Sorry about that.

It's a pain to fix with a script so I won't and thus a manual fix is needed.

Simply edit the system-auth pam.d file, e.g.: sudo vi /etc/pam.d/system-auth

and remove the last line which should say:

-session    optional      pam_systemd.so

This line should be a duplicate of an entry one or two lines above.

You DO want one line with the above in it, you do NOT want more than one.

pam package is fixed to not do this any more but you'll need to manually
fix this up.

Sorry for the inconvenience.