[Mageia-dev] Is mageia a bit slow?

Donald Stewart watersnowrock at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 10:00:46 CET 2012

On 19 January 2012 08:37, Thierry Vignaud <thierry.vignaud at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/1/19 Michel Catudal <michelcatudal at gmail.com>:
>>> Are you sure you're using a comparable build environement, meaning similar
>>> harware and similar file system, and you're not comparing an nfs-mounted
>>> homedir versus a local ssd, for instance ?
>>
>> Same hard disk, same PC
>>
>> spec file almost identical except that I have --with-system-zlib configure
>> section on Scientific Linux and
>> Release:       1%{?dist}  instead of Release:       %mkrel 2
>
> But the compilation flags are obviously different.
> (set by rpm-mageia-setup-build on mga)
> What ar those on the 2 differents OS?

I cant say how much of a significant baring it will have, but my hdd
has vastly varying read speeds depending on where the system is. The
space at the end of the drive is far far slower that the space at the
start. I guess that this could lead to some discrepancies.

But as others say, the flags are more likely.