[Mageia-dev] Adding a new license to rpmlint

Juan Luis Baptiste juancho at mageia.org
Fri Jan 20 07:07:09 CET 2012

Hi,

I have packaged Warsow[1], which it's engine is open source but as
with other games I have packaged, the data files are licensed with a
non-free license called "Warsow Content License" [2], which allows
unmodified distribution of the data files in different formats like
rpm, deb, etc (clause 3). I have imported the warsow and warsow-data
packages to subversion but I haven't pushed them to the BS (to
nonfree/release of course) because the data package will be rejected
because of the license. It's feasible to add this license to rpmlint
checks ? the other solution would be to make the game use
autodownloader for the data files as I did for other games.

Thanks,

[1] http://www.warsow.net/
[2] http://www.calculate-linux.org/packages/licenses/warsow

--