[Mageia-dev] Slow gnome-shell due to new cogl/clutter

JA Magallón jamagallon at ono.com
Tue Jan 24 23:44:24 CET 2012

On 01/22/2012 09:16 PM, Olav Vitters wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 07:21:37PM +0000, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>> 'Twas brillig, and Olav Vitters at 21/01/12 12:16 did gyre and gimble:

>>> Please test for me, atm unable to do so :-(
>>>
>>> Newer stuff has been packaged..
>>
>> Do I need to rebuild anything locally for testing? Tried a fully updated
>> system (new gtk, new g-s) and it's still busted :(
>
> Some assistance would be very welcome yeah. Suggest to contact ebassi.
> We've replaced (upgraded) clutter, gnome-shell and mutter by now. I
> guess something needs to be rebuild.

Yeaaahh!
New clutter 1.9.8 fixed this. G-S is back to good speed again...

Just a little minor bug(?): in GDM, when you click on the password text
field, you have no cursor until you begin to write, so you are not sure
if you are typing in the correct place... but I can live with that.

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()ono!com>        \               Winter is coming...