[Mageia-dev] virtuoso-t (nepomuk?) takes too much memory (and CPU)

Florian Hubold doktor5000 at arcor.de
Mon Jan 30 10:32:35 CET 2012

Am 30.01.2012 08:32, schrieb Maarten Vanraes:
> Op zondag 29 januari 2012 21:46:54 schreef Florian Hubold:
>> Am 29.01.2012 19:16, schrieb Maarten Vanraes:
>>> Op zondag 29 januari 2012 19:00:41 schreef Balcaen John:
> [..]

>>> required by kmail?
>>>
>>> i use kmail...
>>>
>>> if this is somekind of desktop search stuff, i'd like to disable it while
>>> still having kmail working...
>> Did you read me reply? See above.
> reply said it was needed for kmail. can i really disable this and still have
> functional kmail?
>
> and how? iirc there was suddenly this icon about desktop search? I assume
> that's it? i removed the applet, but i guess it didn't stop. how can i stop
> this permanently? without also disabling kmail to work?

That was mikala's reply. Maybe you should ask him, i'm not really helpful
because i don't use either one of kmail, akonadi, nepomuk or strigi.
You should be able to disable strigi (index & search daemon) and the indexing
of nepomuk, but i'm not sure about nepomuk itself. From what i've read,
it can't be completely disabled as since recently many kde features
depend on it.

You still might want to look at f.ex.
http://thomasmcguire.wordpress.com/2009/10/03/akonadi-nepomuk-and-strigi-explained/
for what's what of Soprano, Virtuoso, Nepomuk, Strigi and Akonadi.