[Mageia-dev] stardict 3.0.3

Claire Revillet grenoya at zarb.org
Mon Jan 30 20:53:45 CET 2012

Le 30/01/2012 17:55, Kamil Rytarowski a écrit :
> Hello!
>
> W dniu 30.01.2012 14:33, Funda Wang pisze:
>> Personally, i'm in favour of dropping it, due to what is said in its
>> homepage:
>> StarDict hasn't seen any active development for many years
> Well it's worth to consider importing goldentict too, but I'm against
> dropping stardict - it's actually alive and people keep porting it to
> GTK3. https://code.google.com/p/stardict-3/updates/list
Hi

What about asking his (her) opinion to the maintainer *before* upgrading
it to the "new" version ?

********

   + kamil<kamil>
     - new versdion 3.0.3
     - disable all patches, they seem merged
     - update URL
     - update SOURCE

As the maintainer, it was to me to take the decision to upgrade or propose something else for mageia.

You have the right to ask me what I want to do with it and to expose your opinion. But next time, ask the maintainer before ! There was no bugreport open for stardict, so no emergency to touch this package.

And in case you are no aware of the fact we have a database for maintainership :
mgarepo maintdb get<package_name>
do the trick.

Claire