[Mageia-dev] Media mounting broken

JA Magallón jamagallon at ono.com
Tue Jan 31 10:37:41 CET 2012

On 01/31/2012 10:33 AM, Robert Fox wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-01-31 at 10:28 +0100, JA Magallón wrote:
>> Hi all...
>>
>> Since some time ago, automounting of media (USB, CD) seems gone nuts.
>> How can I debug this ?
>> First of all, I have udisks2 installed, not udisks, even if the later
>> is also in the repos. I suppose newer version supersedes it, as it is
>> required by gnome-disk-utility (formerly palimpsest).
>>

> I can confirm this under Gnome - but under KDE auto-mounting seems to
> work.

I suspected this also, something in Gnome is ignoring/not monitoring
disk changes.

But anyways, this means that automounting would not work outside graphical
DEs ? Should not this also work on a system running just in text mode ?

TIA

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()ono!com>        \               Winter is coming...