[Mageia-dev] Media mounting broken

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Jan 31 13:13:56 CET 2012

'Twas brillig, and Robert Fox at 31/01/12 09:43 did gyre and gimble:
> On Tue, 2012-01-31 at 09:39 +0000, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>> 'Twas brillig, and JA Magallón at 31/01/12 09:37 did gyre and gimble:
>>> Should not this also work on a system running just in text mode
>>
>> Nope. Longer term, it would be possible as systemd tracks user logins
>> and can launch an agent to do this job, but until then you have to do it
>> manually. This is why urpmi integrate(s|ed?) with HAL to mount CD/DVDs
>> when needed for installing stuff.
>>
>> Col
>>

> Hello Colin - I though HAL is no longer needed (has been removed as
> orphan) . . .

Perhaps in the last few days... not looked closely, but until recently,
urpmi stuff was still using it for CD mounting. Perhaps it's been ported
to udev now?

But I've not used CD/DVD media for several years so I never use this
feature anyway, and thus have had hal disabled/uninstalled for a long time.