[Mageia-dev] Remove upgrade functionnality in installer

Marja van Waes marja11 at xs4all.nl
Sun Jul 1 19:00:49 CEST 2012

On 25/06/2012 07:29, Jeff Robins wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 3:36 PM, andre999<andre999mga at laposte.net>  wrote:
>>
>> Note also that with upgrade install, even firmware that is missing from the
>> release (and not only the DVD) remains installed.  So there are cases where
>> an upgrade install necessarily produces a better functioning system.
>>

> Can you confirm that the nonfree firmware wasn't removed during a DVD
> upgrade?  Upgrading
> using mgaapplet DID seem to remove the firmware from my install.  I
> had major issues with AMD
> graphics, discussed elsewhere.

I just used the DVD to upgrade Mageia 1 on a laptop to Mageia 2, without
having a network cable attached. I did not try to connect to a network
during install.

It needs the non-free ipw2200-firmware for its wireless card to work

After reboot, WLAN functioned just as well as before upgrading. Even all
settings and the password were kept :)

It never works after a clean DVD install

Cheers,
marja