[Mageia-dev] Mageia 3 feature proposals review

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Wed Jul 4 18:33:32 CEST 2012

On Wed, 04 Jul 2012, David Walser wrote:

> nicolas vigier wrote:
> >> For mine, it was obvious without explicitly listing it, and the comment here:
> >> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/FeatureMageia3_Review
> >>
> >> makes it pretty clear it was obvious.  Regardless, I have added it now:
> >> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Feature:ChronyDefaultNTP
> >
> > So what is still missing is someone to implement the drakx changes ? Or
> > you think you can do that part too ?
>
> Whoa, this is crazy.  You expect that to be fully filled out in the first pass of proposals?  That
> doesn't make any sense.

No, that's why there is a second pass.

> Let's just say for example, there's a developer who would be implicated in 25 proposals that are
> submitted.  25 is too many for them to commit to implementing, though they would be interested in
> helping with which ever ones are accepted.  So they either have to 1) not sign up for any of them
> because there's too many or 2) sign up for all of them, expecting only 10 or so will be accepted,
> which would be manageable for them, but if more are accepted, then what?
>
> This should be a two pass process.  First proposals are submitted, then once you make the
> determination of which ones look good enough to be conditionally accepted, then people can sign up
> as "resources" to commit to helping implement ones from that smaller set.  I had also assumed this
> is how it would work (it's really the only reasonable way).

This is already how it works, if you read features policy page :
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Features_policy#Features_acceptance

Features which have been listed in status "Resource needed" need to have
people sign up as resources.

> For the record, I may be able to do the DrakX code changes if I know which part of the code to look
> at.  It's possible someone else may be interested in helping too, but I wouldn't expect anyone else
> to commit to that just yet.

Then you should list yourself as doing the DrakX code changes.