[Mageia-dev] Security updates - Help needed (also forgot avidemux and gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg)

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Fri Jul 6 00:34:25 CEST 2012

On Thu, 05 Jul 2012, Claire Robinson wrote:

> These recent attacks are causing even more work for us, which again helps
> nobody, and diverts our attention away from where it is really needed. Also
> I would point out that having to validate the same package several times
> obviously lessens the amount of time we can spend elsewhere, which
> compounds the problem.

A disagreement is not an attack.

> If the current situation is indeed such an intolerable issue then perhaps
> we should think seriously if we currently have the resources to maintain
> two active releases or rethink our ability to open backports, instead of
> bullying those who are already stretched too thinly.

If there is too much workload, a solution is to provide only limited
support and stop trying to fix all bugs with stable updates: only
important security issue and critical bugs are fixed with an update, all
other bugs are fixed in Cauldron only. This is what is done in most
other distributions.