[Mageia-dev] Bugzilla mass assignee ping

Pascal Terjan pterjan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 15:17:26 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 4:42 AM, Marja van Waes <marja11 at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Later today there'll be a mass assignee ping for Bugzilla.
>
> Unfortunately, everyone in the cc of the bugs will receive the ping, too.
>
> The only bugs that'll be pinged are that
> * were assigned more than 2 weeks ago
> * where the assignee didn't do anything to the bug since more than two weeks
> ago
> * where the assignee didn't confirm the bug was assigned correctly by either
> setting status to ASSIGNED or by putting OK on the whiteboard and.
>
> Bugs that are assigned to QA or Bug Squad won't be pinged, nor will Reporter
> = Assignee ones.
>
> Enhancement requests and minor bugs won't be pinged either, nor will bugs
> that have the TRACKER or UPSTREAM keyword.
>
> If you're the assignee and you don't have a clue whether the bug was
> assigned correctly or not, please put NEEDHELP on the whiteboard.
>
> If you know it was *not* assigned correctly, please reassign to either the
> correct person or to Bug Squad, and explain.
>
> Set status to ASSIGNED or put OK on the whiteboard if you don't want to be
> pinged in the same bug for the same thing again.

Not sure how useful it is.
I have received 25 emails so far in today's ping (and they keep coming).
Some of them because I am assignee, some because I am reporter, some I am in CC.
I probably need to take action on few of them but I currently don't
have time to check which ones so it is likely that I will end up
ignoring them all...