[Mageia-dev] Mediawiki packaging changes

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 10 10:52:06 CEST 2012

Am 09.07.2012 11:34, schrieb Oliver Burger:
> Am 09.07.2012 11:27, schrieb nicolas vigier:
>> Maybe you can rename mediawiki-minimal to mediawiki and package
>> mediawiki-math. And make mediawiki obsolete mediawiki-minimal< 1.18
>> and mediawiki-math obsolete mediawiki< 1.18, so that the upgrade works.
>>
> Yep.
> I didn't think about that. But it's the best way imho.
> So the package names will be upstream names and we won't break existing
> installations!

I built the packages now according to Nicolas' suggestion.
You will find them in updates_testing.
The problem is, the math extension doesn't work till now, I'm getting
some error messages telling me, the latex things aren't setup correctly.
According to a google search that does mean the apache user doesn't have
the right permissions on those tools, which he does.
I am trying to debug it further but perhaps someone else does have an
idea. I would be greatful for it...

Oliver

--
Oliver Burger aka obgr_seneca