[Mageia-dev] [usrmove] Please Test: shadow-utils package (TCB auth related)

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jul 12 16:42:45 CEST 2012

Hi

I know pretty much nothing about TCB authentication stuff that was
initially spearheaded by Vincent Danen many years ago in the Mandriva
days (taking work from his Anvix project IIRC)

Our shadow-utils package (basically no different to Mandriva's) had one
large patch relating to TCB that I've now dropped as upstream
shadow-utils now has it's own TCB support.

It required a couple build fixes (nothing too crazy) and things seem to
work still for me.

I've also dropped a few binaries we do not use or are provided by other
packages (sometimes in different paths e.g. /bin/login vs. /usr/bin/login).

Everything still seems to work for me. I can login, create users, su to
other users etc. etc (although only the creation of users actually uses
the stuff in this package and I didn't know how to provide an encrypted
password when testing that, so not sure if my tests are even vaguely valid!)

Please test before I release it on the rest of Cauldron.

Anyone who has any specific knowledge of this package I would very much
appreciate a review.
http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/cauldron/shadow-utils/current/

Cheers