[Mageia-dev] Help with libgcc1

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Jul 16 01:34:35 CEST 2012

Hi,

On my system I see the following:

[colin at jimmy gcc]$ rpm -ql libgcc1
/lib/libgcc_s-4.7.1.so.1
/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
/lib64/libgcc_s-4.7.1.so.1
/lib64/libgcc_s.so.1
/usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1

As you can see this results in a conflict between these two files:

/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
/usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1

They ultimately (via some strange symlinks) point at the same file so it
can be dropped, but I cannot, for the life of me see where the symlink:

/usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1

Is created in the spec. I can see a file of that name being specifically
moved out the way but I cannot see how it is then recreated with that
name again!

Can anyone see in the gcc spec where this file is created?

Ultimately I just want to delete /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 completely from
being packaged. It's the only problem with gcc regarding conflicts as
far as I can see.